Friday, February 22, 2013

Spring is Just Around the Corner

Or is it?

It has been cold and snowy here this past week, and we are supposed to get more snow this weekend.  We've had such a mild winter this year, and are in a pretty severe drought, so we'll take all the snow we can get.

But that doesn't mean I am not looking forward to spring!

I bought some tulips this week that were not even close to opening.  I like to buy my flowers 'green' so I can enjoy their full bloom.

Two of them started to open up today.  I couldn't have arranged them any better if I would have tried.

I love yellow tulips.

Little rays of sunshine to brighten snowy days.


What is your favorite flower?

K

2 comments:

Doris said...

Great minds think alike! I love to buy tulips in the winter to brighten up the family room. I also look for the tightest buds so they last longer (usually 7-10 days) and a different color each time. For variety I also switch to Astromelia which last for 2 weeks, usually in a deep red if they have them. For color in the room, which is gray carpet, off-white walls, beige upholstry and a fieldstone fireplace, I use colorful throw pillows and a small colorful rug in front of the couch. Even our two cats are neutral colors! (See my blog for photos of them.)

Susan Raihala said...

Daisies and pansies.

Pretty pics!!!