Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Punny Card

Someone very near and dear to me (Hi, Mom!) came down with a nasty case of the shingles a while back.  If you've ever had this, or known anyone who has, you know it is very painful.

I knew she would appreciate a get well card, and I could only think of one thing.

Shingles!

(My thought while driving by Walgreens and reading their sign out front that said "We have shingles shots" was..."Why is Walgreens selling shingles?  Does Home Depot know they are taking over their inventory?")  

I'm such a nerd!

To make the shingles, I rubbed a brown ink pad over soft suede paper to give it a mottled shingle look.  Then I cut it into strips and added more ink to the edges.  Then I put the strips on my ScorPal and used a soft suede marker to make the scored lines.  This gives it a nice texture while defining each 'shingle'.  Each strip was adhered to the card base with a little overlap.

Supplies used:
Stamps - Just Right alphabet
Paper - PTI white, soft suede
Ink - soft suede, real red
Accessories - ScorPal
Techniques - DTP (direct to paper)

I'm happy to report that my Mom has healed from her case of the shingles.  No doubt the laugh from my card helped ease her pain.

Do you like to use puns on your cards, or do you think puns are cheesy?

K


3 comments:

conil said...

Having just had a friend comedown with this painful ailment, I really appreciate what you've done here. And no, I love the puns.

Unknown said...

I love puns, this is awesome. Thanks for sharing and I hope your Mom is better now.
Hugs~Barb

christina said...

oh my goodness that is a funny card. your poor mom though. i have heard they are very painful.